Tuesday 3 February 2015

Morning Mr Vet

Brrrrrr it's the first time it's snowed this winter, ok it's only the thinnest layer of snow, but it makes the road like an ice rink so Mum had the perfect excuse to keep us in the back (again). We were unceremoniously chucked out with some hay in the back garden, I think Mum must have still been asleep as she nearly forgot our breakfast. Zippy and I had given up on the idea we were going to get breakfast and decided to head out to the hay instead, when Mum suddenly pitched up with our buckets of feed. Yummy, they didn't last too long. 

By the time I persuaded Mum to take this photo most of the snow had already melted. 


I decided to keep a low profile while Mum mucked our stables out, so I wandered off round the corner to see if I could dig up any grass. Then Mum appeared back in the garden again with my halter and a stranger. The stranger turned out to be Mr Vet, someone I haven't met before, and Mum says I'm to keep it that way. It's ok pony fans I'm not ill, but I did have to have an injection. Being big and brave I let the vet stab me while I was still standing in the field, didn't feel a thing (well ok maybe a scratch) and once I had said hello (he wasn't very interesting, he didn't even have any treats!) I wandered back off to find more grass. 

The reason for the injection is I'm getting sooooo good at all this competition stuff, Mum thinks it's about time we started representing our riding club at events, so I have to be up to date and fully vaccinated. It's funny how as a show pony I could get all the way to Olympia probably without any vaccinations but enter a local riding club competition and I have to be injected up to the hilt. Still I'm brave and Mum should make sure I'm fully protected from nasty bugs anyway. 

Evidently he has to come back in 3 weeks and stab me again! I could go off this riding club competition malarkey very quickly. Time for a snooze I think, before more grass eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment