Sunday 8 February 2015

Sunday is a day of rest

For once I have been allowed to have a day off, mostly because Mum was asked to go play in a tennis match. The downside of this was Zippy and I had to get up early and we walked down the road in the rising mist, but we were given a big pile of yummy hay to eat. 

It turned out to be a lovely day to have a rest and wander around the field munching what little grass is left, hurry up spring. 

Mum turned up in the early afternoon at the field with Benji, I thought for one moment she was going to take me out for a ride on my day off, but no it was worse than that - she got out some electric fencing and cut our field in half.  Mum there wasn't much grass anyway, to reduce it in half is not very fair.  Not a happy pony. Our hay feeders were moved into the new small field (phew for a moment I thought we were going to have to starve). And Mum did move the fence so we could still get into our field shelter, though we really haven't used it much this winter so far, hope it stays that way. 

Once she had finished reducing our field to a ridiculously small size we all walked back together down the lane home. I like these walks, Benji and I try to play with each other. Benji is on the lead and he likes to play dare and see if we can touch noses, when he gets too excited and starts barking Mum tells him off, by then she's normally told me off to. For reasons I don't understand she sometimes struggles with the three of us pulling in different directions.  Zippy is normally behind and Benji and I are pulling ahead, she stretches quiet well and we do wait for Zippy (sometimes). 

Still once home we have been tucked up in our beds with a nice bowl of feed and lovely big haynets. Night night Mum and Benji, see you in the morning. I'm going to go to sleep dreaming of Spring grass, it really can't be that far away? Can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment