Thursday 12 February 2015

Two sweaty days and a day of rest - phew!

Well I have been glad for my rest today. Tuesday Mum took Benji and I out on her favourite ride. Considering how long Mum has had me, it really can't be her favourite as I had never been on it before!  Then I found out why, it's a lovely ride, if you want to get fit but you have to jump a small hunt jump to get round, as its a circular ride. Well that's what Mum thought. 

We headed up over the hills and came to the jump, I didn't fancy it myself and told Mum in no uncertain terms, she tried to persuade me severals times but when I went to stand on it she thought better of it and then spied out the corner of her eye a gate.  So after a little argument I agreed to go through the gate instead. By this time we had lost Benji he was off exploring. Mum might like the ride but after the jump, and there are mor stumps I might have to try in the future I had to climb up this very steep hill, winding my way through lots of trees. Just as I got to the top, puffing a little, we came across a fallen tree that we just weren't going to fit under. Mum was not impressed. In the end she got off to see if I could go under without her, but I don't do crawling on my knees, I'm a Dales pony not a Shetland Mum!  

In the end Mum led me through the bushes and we found a way around. Mum mounted back up and we were soon heading home - at a gallop!  It's a fabulous ride as I get to gallop along a lovely wide field verge that goes on forever.  By the time we got back to the top of th he'll to head home, I was steaming with sweat. The nice thing about where we live is I get to have a long slow ride home down the lane, so I was a lot cooler by the time I returned to Zippy. 

Having spent Tuesday getting sweaty, I couldn't believe it when Mum decided to get me sweaty on Wednesday too!  This time she had hired Katy's beautiful indoor arena and I had to do A LOT of circle work and most of it seemed to be in trot or canter. We practised a lot of downward transisitions and on getting a good powerful trot. I did get a small break of sorts when I had to practice walking with my head on the floor, but I was allowed to dawdle and I wasn't allowed to snatch at the bit either, Mum is sooo boring ruining all my games. 


By the time I had finished I was steaming again!  Errr can someone let me out of here.  I can only just sneak my head over the door. Mind you the upside of all this exercise is I do get a very big tea, yummy. Is also got a day off today, so Zippy and I had a chance to relax in our small field!

Below is Zippy just chilling, while I got down to the business of eating what little grass and hay we had. 



No comments:

Post a Comment