Wednesday 25 February 2015

Whose been in my trailer?

Hmmmm Tuesday was not a good day. Mum finally turned up at 9am (about 2 hours late for breakfast by my reckoning) with a vet in tow? Errrr what's going on?  The vet stabbed me again, hang on I only got stabbed a few weeks ago, I thought these were supposed to be annual stabbings?  

I still don't understand that (if I wanted to, which I don't) I could be a show pony and get to HOYS or Olympia without being stabbed once, yet to become a Riding Club pony I have to be stabbed all the time. I'm starting to see some advantages to being a showing pony, Mum can we discuss this please?

Well after being stabbed I expected breakfast, but no, Mum hitched up the box on wheels, chucked hay over my bedroom door and left.  I threw a major tantrum, rearing and double barrelling the bedroom walls like a proper teenager, it made no difference she didn't come back!  Finally the lovely Aunty Katy gave us breakfast and took us out to the field, think I left a lot of tidying up for her!

More worryingly where was Mum going with the box on wheels without me?  It turns out Mum had gone to meet Sarah and they travelled up to Nottingham to buy Sarah a new pony. I was a bit confused because I'm sure they dropped Katy off in Wales.  Sarah had looked after Katy (very beautiful dapple grey dales pony) for a while but had to take her home when she got a job in Spain. I had presumed now Sarah is back flying airplanes in the UK she would have gone back for Katy. 

Evidently not, she has turned traitor and gone and brought a poncy Arab. It's not even a pure bred Arab, but Zippy says that's her redeeming feature. This is Piper below. 


She kinda looks like a very skinny Zippy with match sticks for legs. It turns out she is 98.92% Arab and 1.08% cob, which is the bit that redeems her in Zippy's eyes. She's only three but she's already had four different owners. That can't be nice, she's traveled the country starting in Hampshire, then living somewhere near me in Swindon, then Nottingham now Maidenhead. It makes me realise how lucky I am. I have only ever had two owners, Delia who bred me and my now Mum.  Mind you Piper has landed on her feet with Sarah as Katy only ever had nice things to say about her. 

I guess I don't mind her borrowing my box on wheels as I know she is now with someone who will love her lots. Though I think Mum should have asked before taking my box on wheels, because I'm kinda of getting fond of my travelling, wonder where I will be going next?

Katy, my very beautiful Dales friend, I can only apologise for Sarah's complete moment of insanity I will do my best to remind her everyday of why she should have brought a dales pony rather than an Arab, disguised as a skinny cob. It is a sad fact that we are not actually a rare breed, the rarity is in finding humans who are clever enough to appreciate all of our talents and want to be a Mum or Dad to us fabulous ponies. I'm off to eat some hay and dream of new pony adventures as Anuty Katy has done an excellent job of restoring order to my bedroom and filling up my haynet with huge amounts of yummy hay. Nite, nite all pony friends, but especially my dales friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment