Sunday 18 November 2012

Can I change my human?

Well I've had a fun day.  Zippy led me out on a hack around the big green grass farm fields - I've never seen so much grass!  Lynette rode Zippy, who was really happy to be out and about.  Now I know I had my tack checked before we left and Zippy had her girth tightened up when we got onto the farm - but I think I should have had mine checked again too.  We had gone around a couple of the fields doing walk and trot.  I jumped some of the bigger furrows, just to show off - plus I didn't want to get my newly pig oiled feet wet and dirty.

Eventually I had to put my foot down and stop, Lynette turned around to see why I had stopped - I mean I really couldn't go on, I had already lost both saddle pads around the top end of the field and I was now wearing a side saddle!  I didn't see the point of getting hysterical, so I just stood there while Lynette unattached my side reins so I could grab a bit of grass while she went and rescued the saddle pads, undid the saddle and repositioned everything correctly - honestly, you just can't get the staff!!!!!!

Lynette jumped back on Zippy and we continued safely home, with all me tack in one piece and in the right place!!!  It was a fab ride.  Because I did so well we were allowed to be turned out into the big field - yummy soooo much grass.  Zippy & I have had a feast today.  

Back at the house this evening, I was allowed to be a riding pony again.  Lynette put the floodlight on in the back garden and we went into the paddock on our own - no one else was around.  We thought we would test out our new solo skills - so Lynette jumped on from the mounting block, I moved a couple of steps before remembering I am supposed to stand still while she gets on.  Then we went for a little walk around the paddock, before Lynette jumped off.  Then she changed her mind again and jumped back on, this time I remembered not to move any feet, so I got lots of pats.  We then walked around in the other direction.  

As we had had a hacking adventure this morning we only did a short ten minute solo session - to be honest I am exhausted, I had a lovely mane groom while eating my tea and I'm now tucked up in bed, wonder what tomorrow will hold?

1 comment:

  1. Such a good and brave boy you are. Maybe the loose saddle was a test? Probly not but, if so you passed with flyin colors!

    ReplyDelete