Sunday 25 November 2012

Evidently I'm a fast learner

Reports are coming back to me that evidently I am a fast learner!  After the trauma of yesterday and being left in the field ON MY OWN!  Zippy and I were somewhat perplexed when she was asked to wear her pelham bridle with her rug still on?????

It turns out I was asked to walk down to the field again without Zippy.  I behaved a bit better then yesterday but was still keen to find out where we were going so did a lot of trotting in my excitement. It was to my horror that I was turned out in the field again on my own.  So I stood and neighed for Zippy (very loudly - she can be a bit deaf) so she knew where I was but to honest I didn't find any other ponies yesterday so didn't bother with all the running around and just stood there.

Zippy finally arrived carrying Lynette, with Benji dog in tow too - evidently this was because of her bad behaviour yesterday and bolting to come to my rescue, her punishment was the pelham bridle and being made to carry Lynette to the field without a saddle just on her rug!  Which I think is a little unfair and did slow her down.

Now what I didn't realise until today was this was all another exam - Staying in the field alone.  Somehow I passed level 1 yesterday which was to stay in the field, not jump out and not hurt myself.  I also passed level 2 today which was the above but without running around like a looney.  So now I just have to pass level 3 which is to chill out and eat grass while awaiting Zippy's arrival or return from her own personal adventures.

Lynette was very impressed I reached Level 2 on just my second try, as she had expected it to take quite a bit longer - but hey us Dales were born with brains!

Sleep well pony friends, really hoping for some dry weather soon!

2 comments:

  1. We're hoping for some dry weather too, this rain is soooo boring! Well done for passing level 2, some day you will learn that when your pals go out it means you get to eat the grass in peace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat the grass in peace .... my thoughts exactly. More grub for me I say.
    Your human is a bit sneaky though isn't she?

    ReplyDelete