Saturday 10 November 2012

My first test hack!

Exciting day today, woke up & had breakfast as usual. Zippy was then all tacked up, which made me grumpy & fidgety as I thought she might be going out without me - but no, I got tacked up too. My bridle even had a nose band on it.

It was soooo exciting. I got to go on my first hack, ok I'm not qualified to carry a person yet but I have never been out without someone on foot, it's actually quite unnerving! Lynette was riding Zippy & I tagged along as her side kick, it was great. Did have to stop & check out a couple of milestones I hadn't noticed before, we'll they could have been monsters in disguise?

All went well and I behaved well enough to be allowed to stop into my Uncle Eric's yard on the way home for a rest and a carrot stop - yummy.

Even better Zippy & I were allowed into field manna - soooo much grass & not enough time to eat it all. Came back looking like a roley poley. To be honest I had eaten quite a lot and felt a bit sick, so I didn't mind standing still while Lynette brushed all of my tail out - now that is a big job. Tired now, need to put my hooves up, rumor has it I have another big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment