Friday 16 November 2012

Happy days, I'm a riding pony

What a fabulous day. Zippy & I were let out into the back garden paddock this morning so we could have a good run around - wow Zippy might be old but she has a wicked turn of speed on her when she puts her mind to it.

Then we were loaded up into the trailer for another adventure. We found ourselves back at Sarah's yard for another riding lesson. Yippee what fun a good canter and trot around the lunge pen before settling down to some serious work. I have to say I am a bit worried Lynette seemed very undecided as we spent half an hour of her getting on, walking round the pen and then getting off again, then back on again and then round and off again. But she seemed to be ok and she was very pleased with me.

The funniest bit was when I went to stretch my back, (Lynette is quite heavy - but don't tell her that) and I was just having a wriggle, Sarah commanded Lynette to hop off, I had a real chuckle at Lynette's face as she wasn't at all sure what was happening. I was only arching/hollowing my back for a stretch - very funny.

We ended the session with me on the lunge walking Lynette around then pen and having a change of rein while Sarah stood in the middle. I thought it was best to keep to walk and keep Lynette safe, everyone was very pleased with me and Lynette is doing OK so far.

Back home we were allowed back out into the field paddock for a really really good muddy roll - fab, what a great day. Sweet dreams all my pony pals xxx

1 comment:

  1. What a good boy you are. Keeping your human safe as well, it's a job we do well. I am not sure the humans appreciate just how much effort we put into their wellbeing.

    ReplyDelete