Sunday 4 November 2012

Rain stopped play

 We had great plans for this weekend, I had my first ever saddle fitted on Saturday & impressed Sharon the Saddle Fitter by lunging perfectly to test out two different saddles. So we were planning lunging with saddle and possibly more long reining on Sunday, however I awoke to this:
This is/was our dressage field, the jump blocks later floated away! Well it's one way to get out of work, as an after thought I could have showed off my prowess as a cross country pony and galloped through the water, but by the time I came back in from the field it was dark and the water had gone.

It does however explain why Lynette was making me into a duck this weekend. Dead serious, I had my legs coated in pig oil & sulphur on Saturday that has made them super waterproof! Then I was turned out in my brand new and very fetching green waterproof coat (well it was snowing), so water was running off of me just like a duck.  I was obviously looking the part as two ducks were swimming down the furrows of our ridge & furrow field - ok so it was more like ridge & stream, but I didn't mind sharing with the ducks, quack, quack!

Back to work tomorrow so putting my hooves up and enjoying a toasty warm stable and some tasty hay, sweet pony dreams everyone xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment