Monday 15 April 2013

Errrr what's going on?

Next time I'll keep my big mouth shut, it's the last time I complain about not being ridden (until next time)! Mum has taken revenge 3 rides, yes 3 rides, in 2 days. Yes pony friends that means I've been ridden twice in one day!

To make it worse my second ride on Sunday was the ride of death - both Dusty & Eric who live up the road (and I am related to Eric) were making a pretty good job of trying to kill me with their anti social behaviour and a great job of terrifying their riders! To set the scene I'm 3 1/2 years old, Eric is about 10ish and Dusty 20 years old. They were excited about going out having not been ridden for a couple of weeks and it was very windy, VERY windy. Well they set off in high spirits spinning and jogging, Dusty in particular was trying to take me out with various cunning manoeuvres, while I walked behind all calm and serene.

Mum and I kept well clear and in the end Mum very wisely decided to leave and go home before I got hurt, or my presence that was quite clearly upsetting Dusty caused an accident. He is obviously wildly jealous of my good looks and was not used to being shown up by a handsome well behaved youngster.

So we had a nice canter on our own through the farm field. Mum set off back afterwards just to check everyone else got home safely, which they had - phew!

Maybe it will be a rest day tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. Who would not be jealous of your handsomeness and sensible nature - all at the age of not even 4! Keep it up Cyril you're doing great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a boy you are. Your human must be so very proud of you. I am and so is my human. xxx

    ReplyDelete