Saturday 27 April 2013

Into the storm

It was literally into the storm!

Our new shoes meant we have been allowed to go on even bigger adventures now. I enjoy these so much I bounce into the trailer first and Zippy follows behind.

Today we went somewhere totally new - up onto the ridgeway and around Barbury Castle Estate. The views were SO amazing I had to stop every so often to take it all in. I was particularly fascinated by the 4* cross country course - I fancy my chances around their one day.

But the weather! We left in glorious blue sunshine, the perfect Spring day! 3 miles into our ride the clouds darkened and we were attacked by killer hale stones - ouch doesn't do it, they were like frozen needles being hurled at us head on! I tried to show Mum that turning 180 degrees with my bottom to them was a much better idea - but being a crazy human she wanted to 'push on'!!!!!!!!!!

Still the sun did come out again but that last mile back to the trailer was hard work, both Zippy & I had lost our bounce by then. Mum says we did very well as the ride was about 6.5 miles. All I know was tea never tasted so good when I got home.

3 comments:

  1. You're right there humans ARE crazy. It's just common sense bottom to the wind/hail/rain. Humans just don't get it.
    You're like an old pro at this hacking lark now. So what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those skies are really pretty when viewed from from a computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sky! Dinner always tastes better after a long ride, hope your Mom gives you extra carrots for being such a good boy :)

    ReplyDelete