Friday 5 April 2013

Longest ride ever

Wow, just back from the longest adventure I have ever been on. Zippy & I have been exploring the local horse roads to see how muddy & rutty they are. Well I can report back that our explore of what is commonly known as the Cotmarsh ride is extreme conditions from stoney tracks (This meant Zippy saying ouch a lot as she like me has no shoes, but unlike me, who has never had shoes, she is used to wearing them and still hasn't adapted to the harsh stoney ground as well as she might) to very boggy gateways.

Back to the track conditions, most of the pathways are drying but there are those very dangerous one off super deep foot holes that without care you can fall down, so we had to pick our route wisely. We did find a couple of fields where the going was good and as we heading homewards we managed a couple of canters (no bucks but to be honest I was just too exhausted by then!)

Well when we finally dragged our little feet home the sun had set, all I could do was yawn, and yawn and yawn. Mum and Georgie took the hint and did a super speedy muck out, dishing up tea in record time, so Zippy & I could have an early night.

Going totally new places is great fun and very exciting but also very exhausting, hope we have a shorter ride next time.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like super duper fun! Well done Cyril, this is what the nice weather is all about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another cry from me of "Well done Cyril". You are a super star.

    ReplyDelete