Tuesday 2 April 2013

Solo evening sunshine ride

Wow another beautiful day. Zippy & I had a very busy walk down to the field this morning it was more like the M4 then the familiar single track road we normally amble along. Everything met at the bridge, and we mean everything! Zippy, Tony, Benji, Mum and I squeezed into the left because a tractor was behind us pulling the biggest horse lorry you have ever seen.... When oh no two cars came over the bridge, I had no idea how we all squeezed past everything. We stood still, the two cars parked at our noses, so the tractor, lorry and white van man could go past, then the cars reversed so they could go past us and finally we could get on with our walk to the field. I was very brave and Mum was very impressed, I just wished they had all passed us where we could have stopped to eat grass instead of on the bridge, hey ho.

This evening Mum came and collected us and I thought we were going to have an early night but no Mum tacked me up for a ride. It was such a lovely sunny evening, off we set down the road. We passed the turning for the farm fields and I wanted to go in their but no Mum wanted me to go down the road.

I think this is because it means we had to go down the lane past the dairy farm. Last time I went down on my own Mum and I had a 10-15minute argument about going past. I didn't like the idea but Mum was quite insistent. Last time we did a lot of standing around and I got quite a sore bottom and eventually shuffled past very reluctantly. So this time I didn't really want another sore bottom so I went past only hesitating a couple of times, Mum was very impressed.

Last time I was allowed to turn around and go home quite quickly but this time with the weather being soooo nice we continued along the lane, past the crazy young horses who canter up and say hello. When we got to the net big house we turned around and on he way home there is a tiny strip of grass and we had a short canter (no bucking) Mum thought this was brilliant and I got loads of pats.

We passed lots of cars, cyclists, a herd of joggers and even Benji & lodger Dave coming back from a walk. I behaved brilliantly, who wouldn't on such a nice day, so I got treats AND carrots when we got home, plus lots of cuddles, happy days.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely evening rides, hooray for this time of year! Well done for being so very brave Cyril!

    ReplyDelete