Friday 7 June 2013

Morning exercise

Mum was up early again 6.15am she arrived to take me out for a ride. This time we went down the road to the back garden. Except I didn't really want to go down the road, I'm sure the girls had been whispering about me while I had been out yesterday and I don't want them ganging up on me.

Mum is trying to teach me to stand still while mounting, she has a lot of patience! I do fidget a lot, well I'm sooo excited to get going, all this standing around is so boring. But it's even more boring being made to keep going back to the start and stand still, every time I moved my feet Mum put me back in the start position. The game soon got boring so I stood still for her to get on, it was much easier than jiggling around.

Mum had to work hard this morning to persuade me I did want to go down the road, then a motorbike appeared from behind me. Cool something to follow/chase, I shot down the road in the right direction after the bike at a good trot until he disappeared over the railway bridge and out of sight. Ohhh, back to slow walking then.

At our riding lesson last week we practised walking taking small steps along the short side and longer strides along the long side, so Mum decided we needed to practise his more. It's quite difficult when our long side is not 30m and not the standard 40m. Mum was really pleased with the walk and I'm even starting to go on the bit - whatever that means. Trot was a bit harder and I started to play up and not want to go down the long side, ouch my bum hurts! It's so much easier to just do what Mum wants but you have to keep testing them out and making sure they are paying attention.

We had a little go at canter down each side but its all quite small to practise in, but I managed a few strides in each direction. Finally I was allowed to go home for breakfast, yummy. And it's another sunny day, so I can have a big relax in the field and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment