Monday 3 June 2013

Summer eating

Loving the sunshine. Mum turned up this evening to take me out for a hack around the farm. I was a bit worried about leaving the girls on their own together they are still in separate fields but I can never be too sure whether Zippy is going to nice to Katy or not. She does seem to be defrosting towards Katy a little.

So I set out a little hesitantly, just trying to make sure Mum was certain about going out - she was! So off we went, I offered Mum a little canter which was fun so we had a little run around the edges. Then we settled into explore mode walking and trotting around the fields, enjoying the lovely sunshine.

We were just going around the last field, when WHAM out of nowhere Benji arrives, scared me to death so I shot off at a hundred miles an hour, with Mum hanging onto my long locks whilst cursing Benji. She convinced me to calm and slow down, so we trotted after Benji and finally found lodger Dave who had been walking him around the farm. We all headed home, Benji with Dave, phew; and Mum & I back to the yard.

As a reward I was allowed to do some gardening and worked on trimming the grass around the edge of the yard while Mum gave me a wash off and made my tea - double yummy. Hope I can do some more gardening tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Picnic gardening is the best! We are such fans of salad goodness in this house, only fitting for such a brave pony to be rewarded in such a way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greens nummy, nummy. So glad Benji didn't cause to much trouble and get you in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm fresh green salad. yum. You are so shiney have you been polished?

    ReplyDelete