Monday 10 June 2013

Show Day (Part three)

I have to say I like this show thing, with so much lovely grass to eat, it's really not a chore at all.

Errr maybe I have neighed too soon.  After a serious morning we sensed a degree of relaxation from our humans which  I thought would be good, until I found I had be entered into a trotting race.  Now to be fair to Mum she thought it meant I had to trot as fast as I could in a straight line - she had even been sneaky enough to have planned to strategically position Katy at the finish line.

Her best plans had been foiled we were going circuit racing!  I was expected to do a big loop de loop as fast as I could in trot, I don't have the worlds biggest trot.  Another pony, who I think was called Pearl went first so at least I could watch.  Then it was my turn.  I made a good stonking trot to start and even managed to go past the scary windmill flowers but whoa the tree line hedged just looked like perfect hedge monster territory, way tooooo spooky!  Mum did finally squeeze me past through the cones, so I ran as fast as I could away from the scary hedge monsters, opps evidently too fast, so with effort Mum slowed me down enough to turn a circle (our penalty for going too fast) before I set off again at a pretty impressive trot, round the corner and through the finish.

I'm not sure if that was fun or really scary.  Mum let me have another (unofficial) go and I did much better the second time - what do you expect I'm a fast learner!  I got a 5th rosette but there was only 5 in the class - ohhh, I thought I had done quite well.  I'm sticking to coming 5th, it's much better than saying I came last.

Now if I thought the trotting race was scary, I had no idea what was coming next - handy pony!!!!  I sent my big sister in first, figuring if she survived I'd be ok.  Katy went in hand with her new handler Sarah, they really seem to like each other and Katy certainly seems to trust Sarah.  Wearing hiviz, they carried an egg and spoon while weaving around the windmill flowers. Then through the gate, to pick up a fish from the pond, which once they had dropped it off at the cone, meant that they could ring the bell.  They then had to carry a big flapping flag from A to B before walking the tarpaulin!  Katy listened to Sarah who promised her no monsters were hiding underneath so Katy took a big leap landing on the tarpaulin before leaping off - very impressive!  She finished with some parallel parking before walking over the finishing pole.

Gulp it was then my turn!  After a false start - come on timing lady, keep up, I was off. Mum was riding me carrying the egg and spoon, I did an impressive job of weaving around the windmill flowers.  Next the gate, opps Mum let go of the rope, but she stayed on picked it up and with some clever pony foot manoeuvring we reattached the rope gate.  The off to the fish pond and onto the bell, which Mum gave a long hard ring on - hey Mum pony ears are sensitive, take it easy,but I didn't move.  Onto the flag, which Mum carried so it didn't flap too much - thanks Mum, then onto the tarpaulin monsters.  Even though I know I had seen Katy leap it I wasn't convinced and felt it was much safer to go around it rather than go over it - Mum was cool with this, but has promised to replicate it at home, so I can check it out in my own time and be doubly sure no monsters live under it, before I walk over it.  We finished with some lateral reversing work, oh you want forwards, I can do that too and over the pole to finish.

I did a very credible 4th and smarty pants Katy came 2nd!  So we now had a haul of five rosettes in lots of pretty colours.  Surely this meant it must have been time to go home!

To be continued......yes there is more!


No comments:

Post a Comment