Thursday 13 June 2013

Show Day (Final Part)

This is the final part to my blogging about our adventure last weekend.  To be honest by now we had a satisfactory haul of rosettes and I was ready to go home.  But no Mum had other ideas, I had been entered into Traditional Ridden, because it was a class where I didn't need to canter.

What Mum didn't understand was I was tired and just wanted to go home, it had been a long day and Zippy must have been getting worried because I had been away a long time.  Still we went into the ring there were five of us in the class. I managed to walk around Ok and trot following the others putting my best foot forward.  We then had to line up - boring- I want to go home, with ants in my pants, I fidgeted this way and that, I was trying to tell Mum I had had enough and it was TIME TO GO HOME!

Sometimes humans can be very deaf to our needs.  So I fidgeted so much in the line up the steward came to talk to me to persuade me to stand still, she held my bridle, but I fidgeted some more thinking I might get it through to her it was home time - but alas no.  I had to go and talk to the man in the centre or the ring, yes hello,  we've met already, you know I am handsome so can we just get on with it, I didn't do standing very well - well probably not at all - so he let me go have a trot around, I put in a little buck to see if that would help my cause - sadly no!

Mum spent the time calmly talking to me saying we could go home soon, I was still fidgeting, finally we went around again and I was pulled in last - evidently fidgeting isn't good in the show ring!  So we carried away another 5th rosette!

I think I looked particularly handsome in hand, if a bit of a handful! The pics aren't brilliant but they give you a sense of my handsomeness!  The judge adjusted my halter after these pictures were taken, tactfully  suggested I may be under more control in a bridle next time - the cheek!



Trust Katy to pose and look calm personified.  Note she is in a bridle!



Well it is great to reflect on the day and I have to say Mum and I are agreed that dressage is much more fun.  She tells me jumping and cross country are even better and has promised to educate me on these fun things too as I grow up.  I might even get to start jumping on the lunge soon, though my canter needs some more practising first.

Highlights, the trotting race and handy pony, because that's what I want to be - a handy pony for my Mum.  Thank you for taking me, it was nice to spend some time bonding with my sister, but I was very pleased to be home too!



2 comments:

  1. Tell your Mom that over here in the U.S. a blue ribbon (at a dog show) is first place!!! Also in dog shows if the judge doesn't want to award a ribbon they can and do withold it. So the judge musta liked you!!!
    Personaly no matter how you behaved or didn't I'd give you first place ribbon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great day was had by all, well done both of you (and your human!)!

    ReplyDelete