Saturday 26 January 2013

Bit of a boring week

Well after the stress of Shogun being fatally injured, everything has been very quiet. We have had the usual routine of getting up, hay and water thrown at us, mostly because Mum has been out working - can you believe we were woken up at 5.30am on Friday morning, we were both a bit bleary eyed. Mum arrived in a whirl and disappeared before we could blink.

The only other exciting thing was Alan the straw man arriving to deliver more straw, as we are now enjoying properly made beds, Mum needed more bales. Needless to say I had to oversea the delivery.

This meant counting the bales in to make sure we got all the bales we ordered - all present and correct. Then because of the Shogun incident I did feel I needed to give the lorry a once over to check it was road worthy, all seemed in good order and it managed to drive in and out of the slushy snowy drive with no problems.

As you can see while I was busy overseeing this important delivery, Benji was not being his usual helpful self. Normally he would have been running around tripping everyone up and trying to convince me I had counted 18 even when I knew I had counted 20. But NO he was fast asleep under Mum's work desk. I mean what's that all about?

Note to self must talk to Mum about cable management before Benji dies of strangulation and I die of fright. Why? I caught my rug on the electric fencing gate pulled backwards it all came away and chased me around the yard, scaring me and Zippy! Fortunately Mum rescued me, she was very calm and was not at all scared by the running rope, and unattached me and then murdered it and put it in the bin. Phew! It was a bit tatty, we have a nice new piece now.

Well off to run around in the mud and enjoy the sunshine today - heaven, so love blue skies, hope Mum can ride me soon.





3 comments:

  1. I totally understand as I have to do all the hay counting at our place too. I don't mind at all though. The hay guy always dumps the stuff that comes offa the bales where I can enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on supervising the straw delivery. How scary being chased by a gate. That trick stuff is nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So important to keep an eye on those humans, they need all the help with their counting they can get, our human can still only count out the carrots one at a time... useless!

    ReplyDelete