Saturday 12 January 2013

Hey Zippy wait for me!

I am just the poshest pony out, Mum brought me a brand new outdoor rug (cheap in a sale) but I look the bees knees in it - it's black just like me with a little lime green trim, will post pictures when available. I was allowed to wear it last night for the first time, but only after Mum and Uncle Tony had taken scrapers to me. Mum thought she had lost me, all she could find was a 14.1hh walking mud statue! Eventually they uncovered me and got all the mud off the important bits so the rug wouldn't rub at all.

I was in the rug as we were given 24/7 stable field access last night, which meant we weren't going to see Mum very early this morning! I was very good and didn't test to fencing - a bit nervous about the ouch white rope now! Also didn't rip my rug :0)

Zippy was very excited when she saw her new human, Michelle, turning up today. She was given a big groom - while I was tied up in my old rope halter - evidently I'm not behaving well enough in my traditional halter (I find its really easy to push/pull on that halter & break the bailing twine) but if I put pressure on my rope halter it becomes uncomfortable, so pulling never seems like such a good idea in it!

I got a bit perturbed because Zippy got all tacked up and I couldn't see my tack anywhere and Mum wasn't really grooming me and Uncle Tony was attacking the yard like a demon possessed pulling up the drain covers a washing the whole yard - eerrrrrr guys what about me?

Then Michelle got on Zippy and off they went up the lane, hey guys wait for me! My calling was blatantly ignored by Zippy, who seemed to be enjoyed her escape from the mud wallow. I was let back out into the mud field and charged around bucking and kicking but to no avail, she left me behind! Mum sat on the yard in her rolling chair under two horse blankets trying to keep warm while keeping a beady eye on me.

It's hard work galloping through the mud so after just a couple of circuits I gave up and stood at the top of the field to wait for Zippy. She did come back, bringing Michelle safely home with her. She found a sparkling horse yard, and we were soon tucked up in our rugs again, with tea and plenty of hay and water. We are on yard arrest tonight because I had my legs and tail hosed down from all the mud - forgot I had white feet!

Well I've learnt the world doesn't end when Zippy leaves me, as she will come back, so no panicking required, dreaming of going on my own adventures, sleep well ponies xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Well done, no rug breaking this time! It's horrible when your friends leave you but if you're clever the humans are so concerned about your heartbreak you can persuade them to give you extra treats and grass while your friend's out.... they're so easy to fool ;-)

    ReplyDelete