Thursday 10 January 2013

Opps not popular with Zippy

It is very very very very muddy at the moment. Our field is one beauticians mud pack, which don't get me wrong is great but I am getting fed up and really fancied some real grass, so as we were having 24/7 field stable access I thought it might be worth testing some of the perimeter fencing just in case I could escape to some greener grass.

I decided to wait until the cover of darkness to test out the ropes, dead easy with a bit of a push and then stepping over the rope on the floor I was free to roam the driveway and eat all the glorious grass. Now being a Dales I was super clever and as dawn arrived I sneaked back into my field, knowing no one would notice. Zippy is a goodie two shoes and wouldn't step over the rope - she said it would hurt me, but it didn't, she lost out!

Having snuck back into the field in time for breakfast I was feeling quite pleased with myself. Lynette noticed the fencing down and didn't say anything but got her Dad to put it back up teehee. This plan was working so well I decided to repeat it the next night, but I got a bit carried away eating and running around on the beautifully manicured back lawn, I forgot the time and got caught red handed! I was frogged marched back to the yard and we were kept under yard arrest for the whole day and night.

Uncle Tony arrived the next day and repaired the fencing (again) and this time Zippy and I were pushed out into the muddy back garden the yard gate closed behind us so we couldn't stand on the nice dry yard or in our stables. Zippy was not impressed she now has to spend the days fetlock deep in mud, why? It turns out the rope fencing now hurts ALOT! The rope across our yard gate means all my escape routes now electrocute me - Zippy says it serves me right.

Plus she said I made a fundamental mistake of pooing outside Lynette's office (twice) on my first nights escape and that leaving hundreds of footprints in both the front and back house lawns has not made me popular - I don't know why - I mean I cut the grass for free?

So we are now stabled at night but turned out into our bog during the day which means eating muddy hay, think I preferred it when we got access to our stables and plenty of dry hay on the yard. Wonder how I can make it up to Zippy?

1 comment:

  1. Trimming the grass AND fertilising it for free you would think Lynette would be grateful instead of electrocuting you.

    ReplyDelete