Tuesday 1 January 2013

What a wonderful start to the New Year

I don't think anyone could have planned any better weather to start 2013, finally a full day of glorious sunshine. Zippy and I had a relaxing morning eating hay.

Lynette turned up in the afternoon with her friend Tony to give us both a lovely groom, while Uncle Tony spent time sweeping our yard and mucking out our stables. Thank you Uncle Tony, it was good to have a professional do our stables (his Mum 68 years young has always had horses and trained him well).

It was lovely to spend some quality time with Lynette. I had my mane all combed out and a full body brush - hmmmm lovely. I was busy eating my tea while the picture was being taken, it was very yummy full of carrots - my favourite!  It also meant I stood still for Lynette so she could safely move around and groom me before I got itchy feet - to be fair I was enjoying the groom so much I stood still long after I had finished my tea.


Was a bit jealous because Zippy got her tail combed out as well as her mane - but then she isn't sporting a Dales tail and she didn't get an all over body brush, so I guess we are square.

For the first time this year we were also shut into our stables for the night - it's going I get cold for the first time in ages, so I was allowed to wear my cotton pyjamas (the pair I had already ripped - Lynette decided on closer inspection they were still wearable). So I should be nice and warm.  Zippy was wondering where Lynette was going with her lovely warm outdoor rug, buts its ok she got her lovely duvet pyjamas put on, so she is snugly warm tonight too.


Going to spend the evening working out the best way to eat my Likit! Happy New Year pony friends xxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Cyril and Zippy. Hope this year brings everything you need.
    Bit of luck and your human will be soon back on board and you can start to show her how wonderful you really are. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Cyril and Zippy! Glad to see your human is able to get some pony time :-) Hope Lynette is on the road to recovery soon xxx

    ReplyDelete