Monday 26 August 2013

Another show day...

I was somewhat surprised to find Mum turning up this morning to give me a shampoo and set.  Shortly after we (Zippy & I) were loaded up into the trailer and set off to Cricklade Show.  This is a BIG show, with lots and lots going on, Georgie says it is a County Level Show, but I don't know.

After we arrived I was given another groom before we headed off across the huge show ground until we found Ring 7, as they were calling our class.  It turned out it was divided into sections so we had to hang around for a while, so we had a photo shoot instead.

This was my favourite picture of me and Mum.

It was quite disappointing because I was all geared up and ready to trash the competition.  When we entered the ring for the In-hand Large Breed Mountain &Moorland class it turned out we were the only entry.  So we came first and last all at the same time, which I think is quite clever.

We only had to wait a short while for the next class, which was Home Produced Large Mountain & Moorland, we had twice as many entries but I was up against a big stallion, he looked very smart.  I was a bit tired so didn't do my best walk and trot, I was too busy trying to eat the leather coupling under my chin!  I got a lovely 2nd rosette and came last again too, getting two places each time is quite clever.

My performance in these classes meant I was allowed into the In-Hand Championship and I was up against a lovely grey mare who had already won two classes, two beautiful stallions and another bay mare.  I did my best to look like a stallion and leaped around especially when the horses in the other arena starting charging around in the opposite direction, didn't get my the championship though!  The beautiful grey mare won and the stallion came in reserve.

They are very smart rosettes, I'm modelling them below.


It did get a bit too much after the championship were we heading back across the big field a horse got loose charged past and scared me, so I starting leaping, rearing, bucking and making myself as huge as possible.  This made it difficult for Mum to manoeuvre me back to the trailer, as I was fairly exuberant, and sent people and other horses flying in all directions, but we did make it back in one piece.

Phew safely back at the trailer I calmed down and happily snacked on my hay next to my best friend and travel companion Zippy.


Benji came too and guarded the trailer and kept Zippy company, he looks so cute in his picture.


We are all now safely back home, resting in the field.  My first place, meant I also got a little plate trophy too, Mum is going to get it engraved for me.  I have also qualified AGAIN for the SWPA Championship and had I been a NPS member I would have qualified for their championship too, cool hey!






1 comment:

  1. I swear you get more handsome by the day. What a star you are. I would have loved to see you when the loose horse came past, I bet you looked stunning. Gave those stallions a run huh? Did your human get a good groom too or does she always look that smart?

    ReplyDelete