Monday 26 August 2013

Solo box on wheels travelling

No sign of Mum yet today, but I have started to take my solo box on wheels exams.  I didn't do very well with the partitions in, I kept kicking the rubber matting and breaking the back panels and that was before Mum had even thought of moving the box.

So Mum decided we ought to change the test.  So Saturday she turned up with a big empty trailer with absolutely nothing in it, except some hay, no partitions to kick, no Zippy either.  That's fine I was happy to walk in and out.  I get tied to either side but I can still move my feet LOTS which is good, I feel much happier with that.  I have a mirror so I have a very handsome pony travelling next to me all the time too.

It's so exciting I jump up and down a lot, demanding to get going.  On Saturday as Mum had her friend Sarah with her she decided it was time for us to actually to see if I could travel on my own.  So they loaded me up and off we went, I was all on my own and moving in the box on wheels!

We went down the lane round the roundabout and back home, it was ok.  When we arrived back I stood very quietly, which Mum was surprised about, she thought I would leap out as soon as she opened the side door.  I was given some yummy snacks and had a chat with Mum before unloading and getting some yummy tea (extra big rations).  

Tony and Mum turned up on Sunday and took me out again in the box on wheels, again on my own.  It was just another short trip, but they are really pleased with me.  I'm not sure I have passed my exam yet, but I think I am making good progress.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Cyril! Our Dragon is just getting used to the box on wheels thing too.... there is lots of pros eventually like going really fun places and getting the humans all to yourself ;-)

    ReplyDelete