Sunday 18 August 2013

Trying to kick the sky

Yes another busy day for me and Zippy.  Yet again we loaded up into the box on wheels, that's three days in a row!  Where this time, it's turn out we were off to Tanglin Farm for me to have a riding lesson with the riding club while Zippy gets to sunbathe tied to the back if the trailer - ok for some!

There were four of us in the indoor lesson.  Today we did a lot of wiggly lines, which is much more fun than straight lines.  Starting in walk we were making two loops down the long side of the arena.  First in walk and then in trot. Then I got to really show off as we were asked to go sideways back to the edge of the arena at the middle of each loop, easy peasy -  I do sideways and back lots, so being asked to go sideways was fun.

Now to date canter has been a bit tricky and I haven't been that keen, but today I was up for it, don't ask me why.  So when I was asked to pick up canter at the bottom going away from where Zippy was parked in the car park, I was off!  Charging down the long side, with the odd buck for added interest.  I even managed to strike off on the correct leg, evidently!

Then we turned round and went on the left rein, which meant we were cantering along the long side with the mirror....

Round the bottom of the arena into canter, then ohh my god a pony appeared speeding right next to me, scared me to death, there was only one thing to do, give the pony a mighty huge cow kick, sooo big my hoof nearly kicked the sky.  There were a lot of squeals from Mum, laughter from our instructor and general comments of well sat!  It was good fun.  

Mum was very pleased with me because I was really charging around in canter and even managed to canter a half circle at the top of the arena, it was all good fun.  So with good cantering and some impressive lateral work I earned a very big tea, yummy, yummy.

Hopefully a day off tomorrow please Mum????

1 comment:

  1. That squeal clearly means your human was enjoying you kicking the sky. Well done Cyril. I would have liked to watch.

    ReplyDelete