Tuesday 20 August 2013

Solo main road riding

I'm getting to go on some good adventures at the moment. I was supposed to be going out with a new mare friend but she didn't turn up, so Mum decided to take me out on my own.

We went on an explore ride to see if we could still get all along the Bridleway to the main road. It's quite narrow in places but with some encouragement we managed to miss the horrible barbed wire fence and go through all the gates to the road, without Mum having to get off at all.

It's not too busy but it's quite a fast road. I've been in it once before with Zippy and I haven't done much real main road work at all.  Mum didn't fancy going back down the narrow barbed wire track so we decided to brave the main road.

The cars were fine but I wasn't at all sure about all the driveways on my left, it required quite a bit if spooking to start with - well I've heard monsters and trolls live down these places.  However by the time we had got a little way along I had settled to just stopping and peeking down the driveways and by the time I had to turn off left I was getting quite a pro.

From there it's grass fields nearly all the way home. Now Mum has lectured me on not becoming a see grass will go pony, but she should really take some of her own advice as we cantered across most of the fields! Her excuse being we needed the cantering practice, I didn't mind, it was fun.

I bounced down the track home towards Zippy.


I had got quite hot and sweaty so after a shower and some tea it was time to go and relax in the field, time to dry off and have grass for desert, yummy.



2 comments:

  1. Amazingly brave boy. If it's any use I've never met any monsters or trolls down driveways ever.

    ReplyDelete