Friday 16 August 2013

Friday afternoon skive

Mum surprised Zippy and I by turning up just after lunch with the trailer. On a Friday this is not a normal occurrence!

We had a quick groom and were loaded up and off we set. We had no idea where we were going.  When we arrived even Zippy didn't know where we were.  Now that is exciting! I love going to new places and if Zippy hasn't been before either it is a serious adventure.  

It was so exciting I couldn't stand still, super itchy feet, meant I kept swinging around and around, making it a little difficult for Mum to get my tack on. I did get told off a few times but it was SO exciting going somewhere new!  Finally Mum managed to jump on board, then Auntie Georgie gave us Benji, this was going to be a BIG adventure.

With Georgie on Zippy off we went.  We had some tricky steps to negotiate so Mum had to let go of Benji so we could safely traverse the steps, into a big field, whopheee! Poor Benji had to drag his lead rope with him because Mum had let it go, he managed very well.  We got to the road and somehow Mum managed to lean down, grab Benji and then his lead without getting off, very impressive! We then set off down a very quiet lane. Mum had to keep Benji under control when cyclists past, but he was very good.  After a while we turned onto a track and Mum jumped off to let Benji off his lead properly.


There are some lovely tracks to ride along.  We were out for just under 2 hours and covered just over 6 miles. Below is Zippy following behind me, I might be 4 yrs old but I love being out in front.


The only thing that was REALLY scary was the water.  I had never seen so much in one place. I mean LOADS. I like to jump in puddles but these were REALLY BIG puddles, they were too spooky to go past.

Once I had spotted the water, Zippy had to go first, I was too scared to go past, I mean it might have drowned me, or jumped up and bitten me.  It turned out there were a lot of these very big puddles, so by the time we had got to the end of the ride I realised they weren't so scary.

Benji loved the ride.


Benji loved the big puddles and kept diving in and out of them all.  He was very well behaved saying hello to other dogs but always coming with us when we had gone past.  He smells a bit now though, soggy dog, not the best cologne in the world!

But what a great ride, it turned out Zippy had done most of it (humph) but the weather was brilliant and we had such good fun.  I love being a pony, it's great to go on so many adventures, but extra special to go out on a Friday, wonder what we will be doing this weekend?




2 comments:

  1. Wow a wonderful big super adventure. You do get to go some wonderful places. I am super impressed with your human managing to get Benji lead without getting off. Well done that human.
    My human once said she doesn't like puddles with water in them......hmmm ok what other sort of puddles are there then? She claims she said she doesn't like pot holes with water in them. Yeah of course you did human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how exciting! And you got to take Benji too, sounds like a great way to spend a Friday afternoon - good for you! Time for a recovery snooze now surely?

    ReplyDelete