Tuesday 13 August 2013

Hill training continues

I thought now I was back from holiday I wouldn't have any more hills to climb, how wrong can one small pony be!

Mum turned up this morning and we left Zippy in the field while we went to explore up the road.  Our single track lane is about 1.5 miles long and rumour has it that the horrible big chained gates have been replaced with Bridleway gates, so we just had to go and investigate.

And yes the rumours were true, no longer does Mum have to get off battle with huge big gates with chains around them, next to these gates we now have easy to open Bridleway gates - yippee.

The down side to this is it is now very easy to get up on the hill, so my hill training has recommenced.  Mind the views are lovely when you get to the top.

This is me at the bottom, I was very game to have a go. Mum says she used to canter all the way up to the top with her old horse Charlie, yeah right, can't believe that's true, I struggled to walk up, it's actually very steep!



Made it to the top phew!  Wow a few minutes ago I was at the bottom of that valley!


The views are great from up here, at least Mum let me stand still and admire the view while I stood and got my breathe back, then blow me down we took the main track back home.  


Back at home I got a well deserved breakfast yummy, some magic potion rubbed on my mane, Mum thinks my hair is starting to grow back, I'm not so sure, I'm trying hard not to itch it but sometimes you just have to, don't you.  Spending the rest of the day resting and eating in the field, heaven.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, we don't have any big hills where I live. You certainly deserved spending the rest of the day eating and resting.
    Personally I think the humans should show us how it's done by running up the hill first....like that's gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete