Saturday 3 August 2013

I'm on holiday

Life has been soooo busy for Mum she has decided to take a break (yeah) and even better she has taken Zippy, Benji and I on her holiday with her - whopheee!

Yes it can get even better, Mum packed us up in the trailer on Thursday evening and we arrived in Wales at my old home www.akehurst-dalesponies.com hurrah.  We arrived quite late so everyone else was out in the field.  Zippy got Katy's old bedroom (sorry Katy) and I got my old stable.  Time to put my head down and have a snooze.

Friday morning the girls came in from the field (Susie and June) so we had a chat.  Mum got up quite late so Delia gave us breakfast.  Mum did finally appear and we went on a lovely hack up on the hills with June.  There were lots of nasty flies, it wasn't fair June didn't have any flies on her she has a special anti fly collar and got sprayed with really good anti fly stuff, I had loads!  Mum we need to discuss this I don't want to have lots of flies on me!

I'm not sure if in response to my pleas I deserved to have a shower and shampoo - Mum says its because I have been rubbing my mane, not because of the flies.  She hasn't been best pleased with me itching my mane, but then she doesn't have to stand out all day being eaten by horse flies etc.   After my shower, which was very cooling, I have had some very special Supreme Mane and Tail Builder rubbed into my name and tail so hopefully I will look as handsome as always in no time at all.

The main reason for us coming away is to relax and chill out as you can see even hyper Benji has taken note!


Today I went out with sister Susie up on the mountains, we had some great views and we only got caught in the tiniest rain shower which considering the forecast was quite bad and some of the views were of heavy rain we were very lucky.

When we got back Zippy and I were allowed out into the girls field for some grass.  Zippy loved it, she enjoyed having a run around and stretching her legs.  We have been very lucky as the heavy rain has been mostly in the evenings and overnight.  Not too sure what is planned for tomorrow but with heavy rain forecast I might get a day off to relax too!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Again?? Lucky you. Wales looks lovely. Human is going to Wales next month. I'm not allowed to go.
    I must have missed something but what happened to Katy?

    ReplyDelete