Sunday 11 August 2013

Show day

Had a shampoo and set yesterday, so I started to get suspicious that something may be up!

Plus Mum has been making me run around the field with her, I can't understand why, she normally rides me but I know she said she's trying to eat more healthily so may be the exercise is good for her too?

Mum woke me up this morning, I was still asleep in the field curled up snoring with Zippy keeping watch.

We had a lovely breakfast before being loaded up to go to Brinkworth Show. Zippy was my travel companion as always at least she doesn't have to have a wash too!


This is me at the show we had good weather it wasn't too hot as we had cooling wind. Delia had given me a beautiful in hand bridle so I was very pleased to look so smart, it's now called my lucky in hand bridle, why?

Look at the colour of the rosette! Yes I was sooo clever and well enough behaved to charm the lovely lady judge into giving me first in the large In Hand Mountain & Moorland class - we have qualified for the South West Pony Show in September! Cool hey!

I also did the Ridden class but that's a bit more complicated as cantering is quite exciting (read lots if bucks). I did do my very best and Mum asked the judge if she didn't mind us just walking & trotting our individual show, but I had ants in my pants and just couldn't manage to stand still while everyone else did their show, so we ended up 4th out if 4. 

I was quite tired but Mum still asked me to do my walk trot dressage, a big gust of wind shot up my bottom just as we set off from A, so opps not quite the start we would have liked. Ended up with 63.9% Mum was pleased even though we didn't get placed.

Had a fun day, home for lots if rest zzzzzzz's and lots of grass too - of course!


Thank you Delia for our lucky bridle!


1 comment:

  1. Well done you scrub up well don't you? Is this the 2nd show you've done or have there been more?

    ReplyDelete