Friday 23 August 2013

Do we have to?

I really wonder about humans sometimes, its 28 degrees and humid with it, when my Mum turns up thinking its a great idea to go on an adventure.

But no not any adventure, lets make it as difficult as possible and go for a ride up the hill (read mountain)!

I was not in favour of this action and took every moment on the ride to tell Mum so, this included a really big stop not before the cow farm (I've given up trying there) but my new tactic was just after and embarrass Mum as much as possible in front of a lovely showing yard, with lots of beautiful champion natives while I throw a paddy and simply refuse to go on.

Much to Mum's embarrassment (hee hee hee) a lovely lady came out and gave me a lead up the road, she was very nice and we had a nice chat but eventually I had to go on on my own because she had to wash her ponies for the New Forest Show tomorrow - good luck ponies of Royal Wootton Bassett.

I very slowly made progress up the lane and then up the hill, making it as difficult for Mum as possible, but she is very persistent and wouldn't be put off.  Having got hot and sweaty climbing up the hill, before I had much chance to catch my breath she wanted me to canter around the field - really human!

I did the most uncomfortable sideways wonky canter I could manage - that soon put pay to the idea and I was asked to trot instead - ponies rule!

At least I was allowed to head home after that, doing my usual charge down the steep hill, I know I could canter down if only Mum would let me try, having insisted on cantering around the field, I now offer her canter down the hill and she doesn't want it - there is no pleasing some people.

We finally got home, had a much needed shower and some yummy tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment