Sunday 16 December 2012

All beautified

It's been a busy few days. Friday I had a pedicure and met Lynette's farrier, Shane. I wasn't too sure how qualified he was, so I did test him out a little by rearing while he trimmed my front feet. Disappointingly he didn't seem phased at all and just stood there with my front leg between his knees - so he quite clearly knows what he is doing, so I settled down and let him get on with his work. I now have a nicely trimmed set of hooves - and so does Zippy.

Saturday, Lynette's friend Sarah turned up to help muck us out. There was much discussion about whether Lynette would actually be able to mount Zippy so we could all go for a ride but discussions petered out and instead we were treated to a pampering session instead. Manes groomed, backs scratched and pig oil applied to our legs.

So with posh toes and shining coat Zippy and I headed into the back garden for a good roll and have some hay, I think the mud pack finished off the beautician weekend just perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. Humans just don't get the rolling idea. Well mine doesn't. I am sure she would be far less stressed if only she would give it a go.

    ReplyDelete