Saturday 1 December 2012

Oh no, don't know what to do

What a fantastic day, Zippy and I got turned out into the back garden which is always fun. There is plenty to watch, orange railway men, Benji dog and Chloe cat are always trespassing, other horses going by, Lynette and her Dad and friend Matt putting the roof on the shed.

Very pleased when I was brought in and tacked up so excited I just couldn't keep my feet still, major fidgets so I was put on the lunge and continued not to concentrate I just want to go for a real hack. I finally worked out that showing how keen I was with acrobatics was not working so I went into sensible pony mode - hey presto, led out onto the lane on our own!

Lynette mounted from the stone wall, still being a bit fidgety I couldn't help it I was so excited to be going out on my very own adventure. Off I trotted Lynette didn't seem to mind, I stopped to say a quick goodbye to Zippy and then happily pottered off down the road to explore. We only went out to the canal and back about a mile in total and we met several cars, an old lady who was hiding behind a hedge, a cyclist, and two horses going in the other direction, I didn't put a hoof wrong I just kept going happy to be about and exploring all on our own.

Lynette gave me huge cuddles and I have passed my solo hacking exam to boot - soooo easy!

Once Lynette had tucked us up for the night in our pyjamas she came into my stable for cuddles. She started crying, I didn't know what to do, I looked across to Zippy for help (I thought I had been brilliant on the ride so was a bit confused) and she told me to just stand still and give her lots of cuddles.

In between the sobs I managed to discover that she has to go to the vets tomorrow for a big operation on her fetlock. Originally she had been told she would just need to take it easy for a couple of weeks but a horrible MRI scanner diagnosed much bigger problems and now she is going to be in plaster cast for 4-6 weeks and Lynette's not going to be allowed to put any weight on it - so how is she going to look after us?

She's terribly upset, we are too, no one knows how much we are going to see each other, especially the first few days. Lynette said its ok, Lewis, the young lad who came down to meet us on Friday is going to make sure we can get to our field during the week, in the right clothes and he will keep our rooms clean and feed us. But I will really miss not seeing Lynette, feeling very sad now :0(

1 comment:

  1. Long manes are great for mopping up leaking eyes from humans. If I know humans yours will be hobbling her way to your field as soon as she can even if you don't get to take her out for a wee plod you will still be able to provide a cuddling service.
    Very very well done for not putting a hoof wrong on your hack that is very impressive. Why is it that old ladies always hide in hedges?
    I do hope your human gets better quickly. A nice bit of horse dribble will make her feel better.

    ReplyDelete