Friday 28 December 2012

Dark days

I now understand why Lynette left our doors open, she didn't turn up til 5pm yesterday and was leaking all over us. I think not being able to do anything is really getting to her, I tried to tell her it was ok. But I'm not sure she was really listening. She just kept sobbing and apologising about the fact she couldn't muck us out and that we had horrible dirty stables and a horrible muddy field and we were filthy dirty.

She seems to forget that mud packs are highly beneficial for our skin so we don't mind being dirty at all. And to be honest we can forgive her everything else as we are getting lots of food and hay and water. Plus I am managing to sneak into the tack room when backs are turned to eat extra rations of carrots!

Didn't see Lynette at all today, that makes me sad, but her Dad has just come down and made sure we have everything we needed. So our tummies are full, hopefully we will see her tomorrow. Maybe our yummy Likit's Christmas presents will arrive too, keeping our hooves crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear our human has taken to leaking about the state of the weather too, humans really are not very accepting of the fabulous mud pack are they? As the royal marines say there is no such thing as bad weather only the wrong clothing - this is why we equines wear mud - camouflage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel for you. I had this last winter. Our long manes are great for mopping up leaking eyes and running noses. It's the silliest things that set humans off I find.
    A good roll in the mud would sort them all out I reckon.
    Being allowed to keep your carefully placed mud AND extra carrot rations sounds like a pretty good compromise over not having a pristine bedroom.

    ReplyDelete