Tuesday 18 December 2012

Hurrah finally back in the BIG field

The back garden is cool but we do have a serious lack of grass now. So I was very pleased when Lewis took me yesterday on my own down to the big field, well if the truth be told I probably took him! He thought he could keep up with me when I started running across the field to get to our field, opps he tripped, splat into the water logged grass - oh dear, just not as sure footed as us Dales, better luck next time Lewis.

What a wonderful day Zippy & I spent eating lots of real grass - not a drop of dry stuff in site. The team arrived en mass to collect us from the field. They all turned up in Lynette's Dad's car, which was parked up right next to the field gate so Lynette could take charge. This was after her Dad had cleverly extracted the broken key from the gate lock. This was disappointing because Zippy & I had been plotting the breaking of the key for months, as it means we have to walk through a really big field with more grass than one Dales pony and one Cob could ever dream of eating, and with Lewis leading us this means A LOT of quality snacking on the way to and from our field.

So with our plans in tatters Lewis led Zippy out of the gate and down the road back to our bedrooms, but leaving me behind. I was not happy, what about me? I didn't want to stay out on my own all night, tooooo scarey. After lots of running around and neighing and a bemused Lynette standing with her Dad watching me, Lewis arrived and walked me back home to Zippy.

Spending our evening plotting the demise of the next gate key, my vote is to eat it, but Zippy says that might involve a visit to a V.E.T. and in her experience that is never good! But we haven't thought of a better idea, yet......

No comments:

Post a Comment