Friday 7 December 2012

Lewis arrived with reinforcements today!

Lewis arrived at his usual 8am start yesterday and gave Zippy and I our breakfast. By 8.30am Lynette had turned up in her rolling chair with her other employee Emily. Lynette soon had us and the yard organised as she wanted it, explaining to Lewis the complicated leg straps that are on my outdoor coat (it was due to be cold and wet), so she ensured we were ship shape and ready to go to our field.

While we were waiting for Zippy to get dressed Lynette and I had a lovely chat and she let me have a close examination of the rolling chair - June I think we may need more then one if we are going to convert it to horse use! (June is my Dales friend back in Wales - she has been making enquiries about using the rolling chair in the field so she just had to eat rather than walk and eat).

I also took a nibble on the hoof of her bad fetlock to check her reactions - well I have seen the farrier do that to our feet if they are poorly so I thought I should do the same - the reactions did indicate a poorly foot!

Lewis was asked to lead me to the field on my own - no Zippy - but I've done this before and Lynette was looking so I was on best behaviour, Lynette and Emily stayed with Zippy. I was left in the field while Lewis went to fetch Zippy and I didn't run around. So when Zippy arrived we settled to a lovely day of eating.

3.30pm Lynette surprised us both by turning up at the field in her rolling chair, with Emily, Benji dog and Lewis. Lewis was left in charge of me after I tried to pull Lynette out of her chair so I could get some grass - Lynette was not impressed and I figure I'm in for one hell of a hiding once she is back on her feet - but hey that's still weeks away!

So Lewis and I led the way home, with Emily pushing the rolling chair, Lynette leading Zippy and Benji attached to the chair and trying to pull them all along! It was nice to come home altogether and I went to bed smiling, wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment